8. China Mobile (CHL) provides a range of telecommunication services throughout China.
For first quarter 2011, China Mobile reported a 5.4% year-over-year increase in net profit, to $4.1 billion. Sales for the period were up 8.3%.
Meanwhile, the average revenue per user per month during the quarter stood at 10 cents (67 yuan).At the end of 2010, China Mobile reported 584 million mobile phone subscribers, compared with 311.3 million for China Unicom (CHU) and 90.5 million for China Telecom (CHA). For 2010, CHL recommended a final dividend of 1.597 Hong Kong dollars per share. For 2011, the company estimates its data business to be a significant source of future revenue growth and plans to boost capital spending by 6.5% in an effort to strengthen its services. Additionally, it seeks to spend $20.3 billion on its network and add wireless hot spots as it intends to attract smartphone users and zoom past rivals like China Unicom and China Telecom. Of the four analysts covering the stock, two rate it a buy and two rate it a hold. Analysts surveyed by Bloomberg have a consensus price target of $52.70 for the next year, implying that the stock could gain 13.9%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV