8. China Mobile (CHL) provides a range of telecommunication services throughout China.
For first quarter 2011, China Mobile reported a 5.4% year-over-year increase in net profit, to $4.1 billion. Sales for the period were up 8.3%.
Meanwhile, the average revenue per user per month during the quarter stood at 10 cents (67 yuan).At the end of 2010, China Mobile reported 584 million mobile phone subscribers, compared with 311.3 million for China Unicom (CHU) and 90.5 million for China Telecom (CHA). For 2010, CHL recommended a final dividend of 1.597 Hong Kong dollars per share. For 2011, the company estimates its data business to be a significant source of future revenue growth and plans to boost capital spending by 6.5% in an effort to strengthen its services. Additionally, it seeks to spend $20.3 billion on its network and add wireless hot spots as it intends to attract smartphone users and zoom past rivals like China Unicom and China Telecom. Of the four analysts covering the stock, two rate it a buy and two rate it a hold. Analysts surveyed by Bloomberg have a consensus price target of $52.70 for the next year, implying that the stock could gain 13.9%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV