NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The rapid growth of emerging-market economies is drawing in lots of money from a broad range of investors.
U.S. investors who want to gain exposure to these economies might consider the following eight stocks, which are listed on U.S. exchanges.
An April 15 JPMorgan study says investment flows to the emerging debt markets stood around $12 billion on a year-to-date basis.
Meanwhile, data compiled by EPFR, an international fund-tracking firm, show emerging market equity funds recorded inflows of $2 billion during the second week of April, greater than the $1.25 billion of flows into developed-market equity funds.According to a global annual survey by Emerging Market Private Equity Association (EMPEA) and Coller Capital, an investor will have 16%-20% of his or her total private equity allocation targeting emerging markets in 2013, up from the current 11%-15%. The EMPEA survey also shows that Brazil has displaced China as the most attractive destination for deal flows over the next 12 months. The following eight emerging-market stocks from China and Brazil are in various industries. According to consensus analyst price targets, they could rise 14% to 47% over the next year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV