By Kevin Flynn, CNBC Producer
NEW YORK (CNBC) -- All eyes are on corporate earnings this week as 20 percent of all U.S. publicly traded companies report quarterly results. How do you know which stocks will give you a nice return on reporting day?
It's like finding a needle in a haystack -- and that's the idea of what Bespoke Investment Group co-founder Paul Hickey did.
More from CNBC
In Most U.S. States, Job Markets Show Signs of Life
6 Small-Cap Alternative Energy Stocks Gaining
Japan and High Oil Prices Hurting Us: GM's Akerson
He looked at 2,240 stocks and found just nine stocks that have gone up every time earnings day has rolled around, since the March 2009 market bottom.
Below are the nine earnings-day winners. Next to each company's name find the upcoming earnings-report date and average single-day percentage gain.1. Verifone Systems (PAY) - 5/26/2011 - 9.20% 2. Dice Holdings (DHX) -4/28/2011 - 8.69% 3. MWI Veterinary Supply (MWIV) - 5/6/2011 - 6.27% 4. Opnet Technologies (OPNT) - 5/9/2011 - 5.80% 5. First Cash Financial (FCFS) - 4/20/2011 - 4.24% 6. Raymond James (RJF) - 4/21/2011 - 4.12% 7. Barrick Gold (ABX) - 4/27/2011 - 3.24% 8. Horace Mann Educators (HMN) - 4/28/2011 - 2.61% 9. Anadarko Petroleum (APC) - 5/3/2011 - 1.82% Source: Bespoke Investment Group. -- Written by Kevin Flynn of CNBC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV