MILLBURN, N.J. (Stockpickr) -- I have long been a follower and investor in Israeli stocks. This is partly due to my cultural links to the country, but more important, Israel is a hot bed for technology, engineering, science and medicine. Many major U.S. corporations, such as Intel (INTC), have large operations in Israel.
Over the years I have been in and out of many Israeli stocks. However, there is one stock that I have held continuously for the past eight years: Aberdeen Israel Fund (ISL). This stock has provided me with a well-diversified portfolio of investments in Israeli. While the fund holds several stocks that are available in ADR form to U.S.-based investors, it also hold positions in stocks only traded in Israel and some private equity / venture capital investments. The annual report is an interesting read.
Related: 5 Cheapest Dow Dividend Stocks
There are some other interesting stocks in Israel that can be directly invested in the U.S. in American depository receipt form. I've compiled a portfolio of Israeli stock opportunities in a portfolio. The following three are some of my favorites, and all pay dividends that earn them spots on highest-yielding stocks lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV