Cereplast's "Make Your Mark" Bioplastics Symbol Design Competition Top 3 Finalists.
Cereplast, Inc. (NASDAQ: CERP), a leading manufacturer of proprietary biobased, compostable and sustainable plastics, today announced the top three designs in the running for the new symbol that will be stamped on products to identify that they are made from bioplastics. The goal of the “Make Your Mark” contest is to introduce a new symbol that will help consumers to identify products and packaging made from bioplastics. Bioplastics are earth-friendly alternatives to petroleum-based plastics, and are made from renewable resources including potatoes, corn, wheat, tapioca, sugar and algae.
The "Make Your Mark" design competition, which was modeled after the 1970 contest that produced the globally recognized recycling symbol we see on recycled and recyclable products today, received over 1500 design entries and over 2.8 million public votes which determined the top 200 designs. From the top 200 design submissions, the renowned panel of "Make Your Mark" judges selected the top three finalists.
Cereplast encourages the public to post their comments on the top three designs by clicking on the designer’s name below. The top three “Make Your Mark” contenders for the $25,000 prize are:
- Ryan Ford, Creative Director at deviantART in Huntington Beach, California
- Laura Howard, a graphic design student at the University of Louisville in Kentucky
- Silas Pandori, Graphic Designer at Iron Design in Ithaca, New York
"Cereplast's competition reflects our commitment to educating and helping consumers make more informed purchasing decisions that have an effect on the health of our environment," said Frederic Scheer, Chairman and CEO of Cereplast. “We are thrilled with the positive feedback and support we received in response to the ‘Make Your Mark’ contest from individuals, universities, industry professionals, designers, government officials and many others across the U.S. The new bioplastics symbol will enable consumers to easily identify products made from bioplastics, similar to the globally recognized recycling symbol we see on thousands of plastic products.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV