NEW YORK (TheStreet) -TheStreet Ratings' stock model upgraded Charles Schwab Corp (SCHW) to 'Buy' from 'Hold'. Net income at this $22.4 billion market cap, securities broker jumped a whopping 3950% to a profit of $243 million compared to in the prior first quarter.
TheStreet Ratings released rating changes on eight U.S. common stocks for April 15, 2011. In total, eight stocks were upgraded and no stocks were downgraded by our stock model.
In the first quarter, Charles Schwab reported $1.3 billion in revenue, an increase of 20.4% compared to the year earlier quarter. Learn more about Charles Schwab: Company Profile, Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Stock Ratios, Analyst Ratings.
$277 million market cap, specialty products company, Houston Wire & Cable Co (HWCC) was upgraded by our stock model to 'Buy' from 'Hold'. In fourth quarter results, Houston Wire & Cable reported a net income of $2.9 million, up 54.3% from the year earlier quarter. Over the same time period, revenue increased by 47.3% to $93.6 million. Learn more about Houston Wire & Cable: Company Profile, Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Stock Ratios, Analyst Ratings.-- Reported by Kevin Baker in Jupiter, FL.
For additional Investment Research check out our Ratings Research Center.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV