Minerals Technologies Inc., ( NYSE: MTX) announced today that its Board of Directors has elected Barbara Smith, Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Gerdau Ameristeel, to join the board effective May 1.
“We are very pleased to have someone of Barbara Smith’s experience and business expertise join Minerals Technologies,” said Joseph C. Muscari, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. “She will provide valuable insight and guidance in the execution of our growth strategies for all our businesses.”
As vice president and chief financial officer for Gerdau Ameristeel, a position she assumed in 2007, Ms. Smith is responsible for all strategic financial planning, fiscal matters and investor relations. Before joining Gerdau Ameristeel, she served as Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer for FARO Technologies Inc., where she was a member of the executive team responsible for developing and executing company growth strategies. Ms. Smith also has more than 20 years experience in international and North American business gained at Alcoa Inc., where she served various financial roles including Group Chief Financial Officer for Aerospace, Automotive and Commercial Transportation Group; Chief Financial Officer for Alcoa Fujikura Ltd.; and Director of Internal Audit.
Ms. Smith earned a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from Purdue University in West Lafayette, Ind. She also earned the title of a certified public accountant from the State of Tennessee.Minerals Technologies Inc. is a global resource- and technology-based growth company that develops, produces and markets worldwide a broad range of specialty mineral, mineral-based and synthetic mineral products and related systems and services. The company recorded sales of $1.0 billion in 2010. For further information about Minerals Technologies Inc. look on the internet at http://www.mineralstech.com/
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV