Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: Investor Conviction Needed (Final)
Theme No. 3: Homeland Security
Cramer's third long-term theme was that of homeland security. He said sadly the threat of terrorism is will be with us for a long time, so we might as well make some money off this enormous defense theme.
Among Cramer's picks in this space were American Science and Engineering (ASEI), a company that makes X-ray scanners to detect explosives including mobile scanners used in Afghanistan.
Theme No. 4: Healthy EatingWith over two-thirds of all Americans being overweight and nearly half of them obese, any company that can deliver high-quality food that's delicious and healthy will be in the sweet spot, Cramer said. According to Cramer, there are a lot of great companies in this space, including Whole Foods (WFMI), Hain Celestial (HAIN) and Panera Bread (PNRA), but one of his absolute favorites remains Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG). Cramer said the analysts on Wall Street have a hard time discerning a Whole Foods from a Safeway (SWY) or a Chipotle from a McDonalds (MCD), but the fact remains that places that teach people how to eat better are in a class by themselves. In the case of Chipotle, Cramer said the company's "food with integrity" motto has caught on, which is why customers are willing to pay up for the company's burritos, which are not only tasty, but also healthy. In the case of Whole Foods and Hain Celestial, Cramer said these two companies have essentially become a healthy food "seal of approval" for consumers. Panera Bread has become another place to get fresh, healthy food, and consumers have taken notice in droves, he said. Cramer said investors should be willing to pay up for brands like Chipotle, Hain and Panera because they stand for something so much more than just a restaurant or a brand at the grocery store. He said these companies all need to be on investors' long-term shopping list.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV