Theme No. 2: the Global Energy Shortage
Just like the world needs more food, it's also clearly apparent to anyone who's filled a gas tank recently that the world also needs more energy. With the rising global middle class seeking more and more electricity for their homes, Cramer said investors need to avoid focusing on a single fuel or technology and instead focus in another direction.
Cramer said more important than whether governments subsidize things like solar energy is saving the energy we already produce. One way that's done is with better heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems from companies like Ingersoll Rand (IR), Johnson Controls (JCI) and Watsco (WSO). With ever increasing energy efficiency standards around the globe, these companies have a bright future.
Another company on the leading edge of saving energy is Honeywell (HON). This diversified industrial player is a leader in automation and control systems that could cut U.S. energy consumption by 20% to 25%.Others in the energy saving space are Emerson Electric (EMR), another Action Alerts PLUS name, and Eaton (ETN). Eaton's lighting control systems could shave another 10% to 30% off of energy bills, while Emerson's data center business is helping large computer data centers cut their energy usage by almost 40%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV