Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: Investor Conviction Needed (Final)
He said investors must have conviction and then outlined a few long-term trends that investors should cling to for the next several years.Cramer said he always values flexibility and bring opportunistic in with stocks, but without a world view, a long-term picture of the world, it's just too easy for investors to get shaken out when the next big market correction is upon us. That's why these long-term themes are so important. Investors can use them for years to come.
Theme No. 1: the Global Food ShortageCramer said the world's insatiable need for more and better food is not going away anytime soon. Whether it's producing enough grains to feed the world or keeping up with the world's rising middle class that's clamoring for more chicken and steak, it's pretty clear that farming is going to be good business for awhile. Cramer said the formula for playing the global food shortage is an easy one. Food prices are up, farmers have more money. When farmers have more money, the buy more equipment and plant more seeds. That means stocks like John Deere (DE), a stock which Cramer owns for his charitable trust, Action Alerts PLUS. and fertilizer giant Potash (POT) are perfect stock picks for the long haul.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV