About Radio One, Inc.
Radio One, Inc. ( http://www.radio-one.com/) is a diversified media company that primarily targets African-American and urban consumers. The Company is one of the nation's largest radio broadcasting companies, currently owning 53 broadcast stations located in 16 urban markets in the United States. As a part of its core broadcasting business, Radio One operates syndicated programming including the Russ Parr Morning Show ( http://www.therussparrmorningshow.com/) the Yolanda Adams Morning Show ( www.syndication1.com/yolanda.htm), the Rickey Smiley Morning Show ( www.syndication1.com/rickey.htm), CoCo Brother Live ( www.syndication1.com/coco.htm), CoCo Brother's "Spirit" ( www.syndication1.com/coco.htm) program, Bishop T.D. Jakes' "Empowering Moments" ( www.syndication1.com/td.htm), the Reverend Al Sharpton Show ( www.syndication1.com/al.htm), and the Warren Ballentine Show ( www.syndication1.com/warren.htm). The Company also owns a controlling interest in Reach Media, Inc. ( http://www.blackamericaweb.com/), owner of the Tom Joyner Morning Show and other businesses associated with Tom Joyner. Beyond its core radio broadcasting business, Radio One owns Interactive One ( http://www.interactiveone.com/), an online platform serving the African-American community through social content, news, information, and entertainment, which operates a number of branded sites, including NewsOne, TheUrbanDaily, HelloBeautiful, Community Connect Inc. an online social networking company, which operates a number of branded sites, including BlackPlanet, MiGente, and AsianAvenue, and an interest in TV One, LLC ( http://www.tvoneonline.com/), a cable/satellite network programming primarily to African-Americans
(1) "Station operating income" consists of net loss before depreciation and amortization, corporate expenses, stock-based compensation, equity in (income) loss of affiliated company, income taxes, noncontrolling interest in income of subsidiaries, interest expense, impairment of long-lived assets, other expense, gain on retirement of debt, (income) loss from discontinued operations, net of tax, and interest income. Station operating income is not a measure of financial performance under generally accepted accounting principles. Nevertheless we believe station operating income is often a useful measure of a broadcasting company's operating performance and is a significant basis used by our management to measure the operating performance of our stations within the various markets because station operating income provides helpful information about our results of operations apart from expenses associated with our physical plant, income taxes, investments, debt financings and retirements, overhead, stock-based compensation, impairment charges, and asset sales. Station operating income is frequently used as one of the bases for comparing businesses in our industry, although our measure of station operating income may not be comparable to similarly titled measures of other companies. Station operating income does not purport to represent operating income or cash flow from operating activities, as those terms are defined under generally accepted accounting principles, and should not be considered as an alternative to those measurements as an indicator of our performance. A reconciliation of net loss to station operating income has been provided in this release.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV