Note 4 – Interest bearing debt
As of March 31, 2011, DHT had interest bearing debt totalling $293,500,000 of which $194,000,000 is priced at Libor+0.70%, $72,000,000 is priced at Libor+0.85% and the new loan for the financing of the DHT Phoenix entered in to in the first quarter of 2011 totalling $27,500,000 is priced at Libor+2.75%. Interest is payable quarterly in arrears. As of March 31, 2011, the Company had one interest rate swap in an amount of $65,000,000 under which DHT pays a fixed rate of 5.95% including margin of 0.85%. From January 1, 2009 the Company has discontinued hedge accounting on a prospective basis. Derivatives are re-measured to their fair value at each balance sheet date. The resulting gain and loss is recognized in profit or loss.
The Company’s credit agreements contain a financial covenant related to the charter-free market value of the Company’s vessels that secure the obligations under the credit facilities. With regards to the credit agreement related to the DHT Phoenix entered into in the first quarter of 2011, the charter free value of the vessel shall at all times be above 130% of the outstanding under loan. As of March 31, 2011 the Company was in compliance with the financial covenant.
Note 5 – Vessels and Vessel AcquisitionsFor purposes of calculating the depreciation of our vessels, the scrap value used to calculate the estimated residual values has been changed as of January 1, 2011 to $300 per ton. This will reduce the depreciation on our vessels owned as of January 1, 2011 by about $2.2 million per year. On March 1, 2011 DHT took delivery of the DHT Phoenix, a 1999 built VLCC. The purchase price was $55,000,000 which has been financed with cash and $27,500,000 in debt financing. The vessel is expected to enter the Tankers International Pool in April 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV