NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- With the Federal Reserve's quantitative easing program scheduled to end in June, some market observers wonder if an increase in interest rates is an eventuality.
This week's question: When do you see interest rates rising and what impact would that have on the economy and your business?
|USA Technologies CEO George Jensen|
USA Technologies (USAT) Chairman and CEO George Jensen: "Many of our customers operate food and beverage vending machines, who have been experiencing rising costs. However, they have not concomitantly raised their prices because of the limited ability a vending machine offers to change in the vend price, say from $1 to $1.10."People just don't walk around with change in their pocket, so vending sales consequently plummet. Now, with our cashless payment system, customers don't need to root around for that extra dime or quarter -- they can just slide their card." So, we believe the fact that we are seeing increased demand for our products is related to underlying inflationary pressures and an imminent increase in interest rates."
What are America's corporate leaders saying about the issues of the day? TheStreet's reporters, during the course of their weekly coverage, will pose a thematic question to the business executives they interview. Have a question you'd like to see TheStreet ask the CEOs? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow TheStreet on Twitter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV