Chesapeake will make a cash tender offer to acquire Bronco for $11 a share, representing a 6% premium from Thursday's closing price of $10.40. The deal also is a 24% premium over Bronco Drilling's average 90-day closing price.
Chesapeake, in a statement Friday, said the acquisition will help it further its goal of owning about two-thirds of the rigs it operates in its drilling program.
Chesapeake plans to integrate Bronco Drilling's 22 rigs into its Nomac Drilling subsidiary.The deal is expected to close in the second quarter. -- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV