NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Bank of America (BAC) was flat at $13.12 in premarket trading Friday after reporting first-quarter earnings of 17 cents a share vs. the average analyst estimate of 27 cents a share.
Amylin Pharmaceuticals (AMLN) was surging 19.9% to $13.50 after the company, Eli Lilly (LLY) and Alkermes (ALKS) announced that European regulators have recommended the approval of an experimental type 2 diabetes treatment.
Infosys (INFY) was falling 9.4% to $66.12 after India's No. 2 outsourcing software company said quarterly earnings rose almost 19% but came in below analysts' estimates.
Search giant Google (GOOG) was tumbling 5.5% to $547 as rising costs chipped away at profits in the latest quarter, causing the tech bellwether to come in 2 cents short of the average analysts' earnings estimate, despite strong revenue growth.
Natural gas producer Chesapeake Energy (CHK) was falling 0.1% to $32.61 after agreeing to buy Bronco Drilling (BRNC) for about $315 million, including debt. Bronco shares were popping 5.8% to $11.
Drug companies Merck (MRK) and Johnson & Johnson (JNJ), and J&J subsidiary Centocor Ortho Biotech, have resolved a dispute over distribution rights to arthritis drugs Remicade and Simponi. Merck was rising 2.4% to $34.68 and J&J was unchanged at $60.02.
Toymaker Mattel (MAT) said first-quarter revenue rose 8% but profits fell from a year earlier as costs increased.
Lexington, Mass.-based drug developer Cubist Pharmaceuticals (CBST) reported strong sales of its staph infection treatment Cubicin. -- Written by Andrea Tse in New York. Readers Also Like: >>Bank of America Stock Not for Faint of Heart >>8 Hot Cars Coming to N.Y. Auto Show
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV