NEW YORK, April 14, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Value Line, Inc. (NASDAQ: VALU) announced today that its Board of Directors approved on April 13, 2011 a quarterly dividend of $0.20 per common share of Value Line, payable on May 4, 2011 to shareholders of record on April 25, 2011.
Value Line, Inc. is a leading New York based publishing company and believes The Value Line Investment Survey is one of the most widely read independent investment publications. Investment Management Services are provided through its substantial non-controlling and non-voting interest in EULAV Asset Management.
Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995
This report may contain statements that are predictive in nature, depend upon or refer to future events or conditions (including certain projections and business trends) accompanied by such phrases as "believe", "estimate", "expect", "anticipate", "will", "intend" and other similar or negative expressions, that are "forward-looking statements" as defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from those projected as a result of certain risks and uncertainties, including but not limited to the following:
- dependence on key personnel;
- maintaining revenue from subscriptions for the Company's products;
- protection of intellectual property rights;
- changes in market and economic conditions, including global financial uncertainty;
- fluctuations in the Company's assets under management due to broadly based changes in the values of equity and debt securities, redemptions by investors and other factors;
- dependence for revenue and profits from EULAV Asset Management, a Delaware business trust, which provides investment management and distribution, marketing and administrative services to the Value Line Funds;
- competition in the fields of publishing, copyright data and investment management;
- the impact of government regulation on the Company's business and the uncertainties of litigation and regulatory proceedings;
- availability of free or low cost investment data through discount brokers or generally over the internet;
- there is a risk that, while the restructuring transaction that closed on December 23, 2010, was and is believed to comply with the requirements of the Settlement, the Company might be required to take additional steps to insure compliance, which could have negative consequences to the Company's consolidated financial statements;
- terrorist attacks and natural disasters; and
- other risks and uncertainties, including but not limited to the risks described in Item 1A, "Risk Factors" of the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended April 30, 2010 and in Part II, Item 1A of this Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q, and other risks and uncertainties from time to time.