PANAMA CITY, April 14, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Copa Airlines announces the launch of its mobile site m.copaair.com, which provides passengers access to the major functions of the airline's web site, copaair.com, including electronic boarding passes that can be accessed from smartphones or other portable electronic devices. Copa is the first airline to offer this service in Latin America.
The mobile version of copaair.com will be available immediately in Panama, making the Tocumen International Airport the first in Latin America to accept mobile boarding passes for international flights.
The m.copaair.com tools include:
- Web check-in with the ability to use electronic boarding passes at the airport
- Access to flight status
- Timetables for all the airline's flights
- Access to the airline's travel policies
- Contact information for all Copa Airlines offices and reservations lines
"The launch of m.copaair.com puts Copa Airlines in the forefront of airline mobile web services in Latin America," said Diana Mizrachi-Kopel, Director of Customer Experiences for Copa Airlines. "This technology contributes to our goal of continuous enhancement of the customer travel experience, giving passengers practical tools to make their travel more convenient and hassle-free."Electronic boarding passes for cell phones or other web-enabled portable electronic devices Passengers who check in from m.copaair.com have the option of printing their boarding passes or accessing them directly from their web-enabled cellphones. If airports in their country of origin are equipped with scanners for electronic boarding passes, passengers simply display the bar code on the boarding pass on the telephone and board without a printed boarding pass. In airports that do not permit electronic boarding passes, passengers who use the m.copaair.com web check-in from their mobile device will still have access to the special web check-in lines at the airport simply by showing their boarding pass on their smartphone. They can then print the boarding pass for their flight at the check-in counter. Passengers can use the new mobile site for real-time checks of Copa flight status, including any possible delays, cancellations and estimated time of arrival and departure. The new tool also will allow Copa Airlines passengers to access important information such as travel policies or timetables for upcoming flights.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV