NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Cocoa was helping to lead commodities Thursday early afternoon on short covering -- extending gains from the past three days.
Cocoa for July delivery was rising 2.2% to $3,136 a metric ton.
"Price movements in the cocoa market lately have been meaningless," says PFGBEST Research analyst Robin Rosenberg. "With hundreds of thousands of tons
Once the leadership power struggle in the world's leading cocoa-exporting country, the Ivory Coast resolves itself, the market could be flooded with a massive amount of cocoa exports. It will take some time for the country to normalize itself though, Rosenberg said."Stop them
Natural gas for May delivery was gaining 2.3% to $4.234 per million British thermal units -- extending gains from the previous day -- after the EIA (Energy Information Administration) reported that inventory built up less than expected on a weekly basis.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV