RailAmerica Shipments Up 1 Percent In March
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) â¿¿ RailAmerica, Inc. said total freight carloads in March rose nearly 1 percent to 76,732 from the same month last year.
The company said it boosted shipments for the month in seven out of 12 commodity groups compared with last year. Much of the increase came from non-metallic minerals, scrap metal and waste material. Agricultural shipments were down because of a drop in shipments in the western region.
RailAmerica owns and operates short line and regional freight railroads in North America, operating 40 individual railroads with about 7,300 miles of track in 27 states and three Canadian provinces.
Shares of the company fell 10 cents to close at $16.92 before the report was released.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV