1. Balchem Corp.
Among Materials sector names, the only stock rated an A by TheStreet Ratings is Balchem Corp. (BCPC), of New Hampton, N.Y.
Balchem's shares closed at $36.02 Tuesday, returning 7% year-to-date.The company manufactures and distributes ingredients and products for the food, nutritional, feed, pharmaceutical and medical sterilization industries. The company earned $33.3 million, or $1.12 a share in 2010, increasing from $26.8 million, or 93 cents a share, in 2009. Net sales for 2010 were $255.1 million, increasing 16% from a year earlier. The consensus among analysts is for the company to earn $1.28 a share in 2011 and $1.53 a share in 2012. The three sell-side analysts covering the company are evenly split between buy, hold and sell ratings. Timothy Ramey of D.A. Davidson reiterated his "underperform" or sell rating on the shares in February, even while saying that Balchem had reported an "outstanding" fourth quarter. The analyst listed several risks to the company's business, including its "value added" business of "receiving bulk
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV