Procter & Gamble
Procter & Gamble (PG)
Company Profile: Cincinnati, Ohio-based Procter & Gamble is focused on providing branded consumer packaged goods. It markets its products in more than 180 countries.Procter & Gamble hiked its dividend by 9% to 52.5 cents per share, up from 48.18 cents, on its common stock and on the Series A and Series B ESOP Convertible Class A Preferred shares. The higher payout will be available on or after May 16 to shareholders of record at the close of business on April 29. That brings Procter & Gamble's yield to around 3.3%. Procter & Gamble has been paying a dividend for 121 consecutive years since its incorporation in 1890 and has increased its dividend for 55 consecutive years at an annual compound average rate of approximately 9.5%. In early April Procter & Gamble said it would divest its Pringles potato chips brand to Diamond Foods (DMND) for $1.5 billion worth of stock. The move comes as Procter & Gamble looks to more closely focus its business on cosmetics and healthcare products. P&G shareholders will retain a 57% stake in the new company while Diamond shareholders will hold the rest. Diamond shareholders will also take on $850 million of Pringles debt.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV