(Dividend stocks increasing payouts report updated with Hewlett-Packard's secured service contract from NASA, Procter & Gamble's earnings results, and Bank of New York Mellon's acquisition of Talon Asset Management.
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Procter & Gamble (PG), Qualcomm (QCOM) and Wal-Mart Stores (WMT) joined a roster of
The iShares Dow Jones Select Dividend (DVY), an exchange-traded fund that tracks the Dow Jones U.S. Select Dividend Index, is up nearly 4% year to date. The WisdomTree LargeCap Dividend Fund (DLN) ETF is up nearly 5% so far in 2011.The dividend universe has been out of favor for most retail investors the last few years, Lawrence Glazer, managing partner with Mayflower Advisors, said recently. The pendulum, however, has turned back toward the investment strategy lately as market watchers hedge against inflation and look for rising income streams. Glazer told TheStreet that Europe- and U.S.-based large-cap dividend payers "are back in vogue now, relative to what was working last year." He said that for risk-averse investors trying to generate higher less-volatile returns -- but not necessarily beat the market -- investing in developed dividend payers makes a lot of sense. Glazer suggested investors consider the "
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV