July cotton futures bounced 1.1% to $1.88 a pound after settling in the red the day before. Later, it fell 0.7% to $1.842.
"Cotton is bouncing with the rest of the commodity sector," said FCStone Senior Risk Management Consultant Andy Ryan said earlier.
However, "the physical cotton world is still quiet according to many commercial traders."
Chinese cotton imports fell 15% year-over-year to 276,400 tons in March, said Reuters, citing a China National Cotton Reserves Corp. industry Web site. However, March imports rose 50%, or 92,200 tons from February, according to the report.Various apparel companies were trading in positive territory. Coach (COH) was popping 3% to $53.66 and Hanesbrands (HBI) was up 0.2% to $27.49.
(Published at 11:03 am) Soybean futures were breaking a two-day losing streak as the weak dollar attracted buyers and the oil seed followed oil higher. May soybeans were rising 0.8% to $13.39 ¾ a bushel, rebounding with oil. May light sweet crude oil was rising 0.5% to $106.81 a barrel.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV