Gold for June for delivery added $2 to settle at $1,455.60 an ounce at the Comex division of the New York Mercantile Exchange. The gold price has climbed to $1,463.70 while the spot gold price was adding $2.90, according to Kitco's gold index.
Silver prices rose 17 cents to close at $40.23 an ounce.
Gold prices had fallen 1.3% this week as broad selling struck the commodities sector, but the metal was rebounding Wednesday as investors stepped in to buy gold on a "discount."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV