SunLink Health Systems, Inc. (NYSE/Amex: SSY) announced that its policy is to not comment on unusual market activity or rumors.
In view of the unusual market activity in the stock of SunLink Health Systems, Inc. (NYSE Amex: SSY), the NYSE has contacted the company in accordance with its usual practice; the company stated that its policy is not to comment on unusual market activity or rumors.
The company noted that on April 8, 2011 SunLink Health Systems, Inc. and Foundation Healthcare Affiliates announced a preliminary agreement and letter of intent for a non-cash merger. The company also noted the contemplated transaction is subject to a number of conditions, including due diligence by each of the parties, negotiation and execution of a definitive agreement and consent of lenders; and that there can be no assurance the proposed transactions contemplated will in fact be consummated or, if consummated, that the terms and conditions will not be changed.
About SunLink Health Systems, IncSunLink Health Systems, Inc. currently operates seven community hospitals, three nursing homes and one home care business in the Southeast and Midwest and its specialty pharmacy business, SunLink ScriptsRx, in Louisiana. Each SunLink hospital is the only hospital in its community. SunLink’s operating strategy is to link patients’ needs with dedicated physicians and health professionals to deliver quality, efficient medical care and healthcare products and services in each area it serves. For additional information on SunLink Health Systems, Inc., please visit the company’s website at www.sunlinkhealth.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV