Today Tesla Motors (NASDAQ: TSLA) reinvents the car buying process with the grand opening of its store in the popular Santana Row retail district of San Jose, California.
Tesla Santana Row showroom (Photo: Business Wire)
In preparation for the introduction of the Model S, the world’s first premium electric sedan, Tesla has designed an interactive experience to inform potential customers; allowing them to explore Tesla’s technology, learn about owning an electric car, and configure their car in the Design Studio.
When Tesla introduced the Roadster three years ago, the company unveiled a new approach to car sales. Tesla stores feature coffee bars, wifi access and Internet stations, friendly and informed product specialists, and an open service bay so people can watch technicians at work.
The new store’s location ensures plenty of foot traffic while the layout engages the customer through a series of hands-on interactive touchscreen experiences:
- Tesla Stories features Tesla owners’ experiences of living with a Roadster.
- Tesla Innovations explore the world’s most advanced electric powertrain in the Tesla Roadster and the engineering ingenuity of Model S.
- The Design Studio combines the tactile and digital, enabling customers to configure their own Roadster, which they can then share on Facebook or email to a friend. From there, customers can seamlessly complete the purchase.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts