Monster High's popularity grew in 2010. It "was the number one new fashion doll line of 2010," Whitfield said -- and in 2011 Monster High will add new characters and two new books to its roster of affiliated products.
"Mattel will continue to pursue [Monster High's franchise model] with a healthy stream of licensing revenues," Whitfield noted, adding that "greater supply plus added characters and new partners should enhance its contribution in 2011."
"Monster High is the first of a planned series of brand franchises to be offered by Mattel, versus a focus upon toys and commercials previously," she said.Adding to Monster High's expected successes this year will be a greater supply of the line's toys available on the market, as well as licensed products, including apparel, accessories and books. Next ... Transformers
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV