Hasbro's entrance into the popular construction toy segment comes with the launch of KRE-O, which means "Create It."
The KRE-O line will feature 12 Transformers construction sets, at two builds per set. Think robots and vehicles as options. The new Sesame Street line will also be available in KRE-O.
Available this fall in the U.S. and worldwide in 2012, the sets will cost between $6.99 (for a set of 65-70 bricks) and $59.99 (for a set of more than 500 bricks plus accessory pieces.)"We believe Hasbro will offer more bricks per set than the equivalent Lego set," Whitfield said. Better yet, the bricks will be compatible with Lego sets. Whitfield pointed out that construction toy sales grew 23% in 2009 and another 13% in 2010, compared with industry growth of just 2%, so the category is clearly expected to be a winner again this year. Next ... Barbie and Ken
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV