4. Tennessee Commerce Bancorp
Shares of Tennessee Commerce Bancorp (TNCC) of Franklin closed at $4.50 Friday, down 43% over the previous year.
Based on a consensus price target of $5.75, the shares have 28% upside potential.The company had $1.5 billion in total assets as of December 31. Tennessee Commerce disclosed in a Securities and Exchange Commission filing on April 1 that its 2010 10-K report would be delayed because the company was "evaluating the impact" of an examination report from Tennessee regulators and the FDIC on its main subsidiary Tennessee Commerce Bank. In a January 21 filing, the company announced net income available to common shareholders of $1.9 million in 2010, or 24 cents a share. The consensus estimates are for Tennessee Commerce to earn 32 cents a share in 2011 and 66 cents a share in 2012. The company owes $30 million in TARP money, and raised $26.2 million in common equity in August. After the earnings announcement on January 21, Sterne Agee analyst Kenneth James reiterated his buy rating for Tennessee Commerce with a $6 price target, describing the shares as a "higher-risk, high-return opportunity for investors with a longer time horizon. Three of the four analysts covering Tennessee Commerce Bancorp rate the shares a buy, while the remaining analyst has a neutral rating.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV