7. Bryn Mawr Bank Corp.
Shares of Bryn Mawr Bank Corp. (BMTC) of Bryn Mawr, Pa., closed at $19.99 Friday, returning 9% over the previous year. With a quarterly payout of 15 cents, the shares have a dividend yield of 3.00%.
Based on a consensus price target of $24.25, the shares have 21% upside potential.The company had $1.7 billion in total assets as of December 31, with the balance sheet expanding 40% during 2010, mainly from the acquisition of First Keystone Financial in July. Bryn Mawr Bank Corp. raised $26.3 million in common equity last May. The company announced in February an agreement to purchase the private wealth management unit of Hershey Trust Company for $18.3 million, including $8.2 million in cash, $6.5 million in common shares, and pay the remaining $3.6 million in cash installments over an 18-month period following completion of the deal. The acquisition is expected to be completed during the second quarter. 2010 net income was $9.2 million, or 85 cents a share. The consensus estimates are for earnings of $1.48 a share in 2011 and $1.79 in 2012. In February, Stifel Nicolaus snalyst Collyn Gilbert upgraded Bryn Mawr Bank Corp. to a "buy" with a price target of $26, saying the company had "grown to a level of becoming well positioned to take share in [a] fragmented market" in the Philadelphia area, and that its balance sheet had "reliance on longer-term fixed rated assets, placing it in a more favorable position in the event interest rates should rise." All three analysts covering Bryn Mawr Bank Corp. rate the shares a buy.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV