11 Large-Caps With Upside: Analysts
4. Lloyds Banking Group (LYG) is a U.K.-based financial services company operating in the retail, wholesale, international banking and insurance segments.
New lending subdued during 2010, although gross mortgage lending increased. Loans and advances and customer deposits declined marginally in 2010, compared to 2009.
Total income was flat in 2010, while net earnings experienced a turnaround. Net profit stood at $3.6 billion against a net loss of $10.3 billion in 2009. The company's cost-to-income ratio improved to 46.6% from 48.4% in 2009, narrowing 220 basis points.Although higher funding costs piled pressure, prudent lending improved net interest margin to 2.1% from 1.77% in 2009. The management expects modest margin expansion for the second half of 2010. On average, analysts expect the stock to gain 61% over the next one year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV