5. Mizuho Financial Group (MFG), through its subsidiaries, provides various banking and financial services in Japan and the international markets. The company offers retail banking services including housing and personal loans, credit cards, deposits, investment products, and consulting services.
During the first nine months of fiscal 2011, the company strengthened its capital base by plowing back profit and through issuance of common stock in the first half of fiscal 2010. The company's medium-term target is to take its Tier-1 capital ratio to 12% and capital ratio to 8%.
Consolidated gross profit for the nine-month period ended December 2010 rose 5% year-over-year. Gross profit was aided by trading gains and the emergence of a customer group segment, both domestically and overseas, arising mainly from non-interest income.Analysts expect the stock to return 57% in the next one year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV