7. Canon (CAJ - Get Report), through its subsidiaries, manufactures and sells network digital multifunction devices, plain paper copying machines, laser printers, inkjet printers, and cameras under the Canon brand in the Americas, Europe and Asia.
During fourth quarter of 2010, net revenue and operating profit increased 12% and 13.5%, respectively, on a constant currency basis. Performance for full year 2010 improved with net revenue and operating profit increasing 15.5% and 25%, respectively.
Going forward, the company intends to expand its market share by reinforcing its sales capabilities. For 2011, the company expects sales to grow at 10% and net profit at 20%, respectively.The proportion of debt in terms of total assets declined during the last few years. In 2006, the debt/total assets proportion was 0.7% compared to 0.3% in 2010. Financial ratios like return-on-equity and return-on-assets stood at 9.2% and 6.3%, respectively, double that seen in 2009.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts