11 Large-Caps With Upside: Analysts
8. Nomura Holdings (NMR) is a financial services company operating in Japan and the global markets. The company operates in three divisions: retail, wholesale and asset management.
Net income increased 13 times sequentially and 31% year-over-year to $165 million from the previous quarter. Income before tax was $340 million, up 30% from the prior quarter and 55% year-over-year. Net revenue for the third quarter was $3.6 billion, increasing 7% from the second quarter and 8% in the comparable quarter last year.
On the business performance, Kenichi Watanabe, Nomura's President and CEO, said, "Our retail division increased client assets, while asset management generated higher revenues on a rise in assets under management. Wholesale gained further momentum with robust client activities in Global Markets and an increasingly diverse revenue mix as our US franchise gained traction. Cross-divisional partnership between Investment Banking and Global Markets led to a number of high-profile deals."Nomura's capital ratios are the highest in the industry - total capital ratio was 24.9% and Tier-1 ratio was 17.3%, as of December 2010. The stock is expected to deliver 42% in the next one year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV