10. Hitachi (HIT) manufactures and sells electronic and electrical products in North America, Europe and Asia.
For the third quarter of fiscal 2010, operating income surged 53% year-over-year to $1.5 billion on improved revenue from operating segments such as construction and machinery, electronic systems and equipment and digital media and consumer products (DMCP).
Consolidated revenue increased 5% year-over-year to $27.9 billion. Overseas returns that account for around 44% of the company's revenue grew 8% during the December quarter on higher global demand. Net income for the quarter rose 49% to $993 million.Backed by economic stimulus measures, the company expects segments like automotive systems, DMCP, social infrastructure and industrial systems to return profit. The stock is trading at 7.4 times its estimated fiscal 2010 earnings and analysts expect an upside of 31% in the next one year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV