10. Hitachi (HIT) manufactures and sells electronic and electrical products in North America, Europe and Asia.
For the third quarter of fiscal 2010, operating income surged 53% year-over-year to $1.5 billion on improved revenue from operating segments such as construction and machinery, electronic systems and equipment and digital media and consumer products (DMCP).
Consolidated revenue increased 5% year-over-year to $27.9 billion. Overseas returns that account for around 44% of the company's revenue grew 8% during the December quarter on higher global demand. Net income for the quarter rose 49% to $993 million.Backed by economic stimulus measures, the company expects segments like automotive systems, DMCP, social infrastructure and industrial systems to return profit. The stock is trading at 7.4 times its estimated fiscal 2010 earnings and analysts expect an upside of 31% in the next one year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV