11. VALE (VALE) is a metals and mining giant producing iron ore and iron ore pellets.
The company reported record operating income, margins and earnings for 2010. Operating revenue reached a new high of $21.7 billion, 40% higher than the previous all-time high in 2008. Net income reached an all-time high of $17.3 billion during 2010, up 31% from the earlier high of $13.2 billion in 2008. Operating margin for 2010 was 48%, best amongst peers.
Sales of bulk materials such as iron ore, pellets accounted for 74% of operating revenue in 2010, up from 64% in 2009. Asia's contribution to overall revenue dipped, while Europe's share increased during this period.Vale invested $12.7 billion for maintaining existing assets and exploiting multiple organic growth opportunities, and an additional $ 6.7 billion for financing acquisitions. Analysts expect the stock to deliver gains of 27% in the next one year. The stock is trading at 6.7 times its estimated 2011 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV