The deal, which according to the company should close "imminently," is expected to more than double Gildan's revenue in the sock business. Gold Toe sells athletic, casual and dress socks to retailers, national chains and other department and specialty stores in the U.S. Other than its namesake line, its brands include Silver Toe, GT, Auro, PowerSox and All Pro. Gold Toe is also the exclusive U.S. licensee for Under Armour (UA) and New Balance Athletic Shoe.
Gildan said the acquisition will "significantly expand and diversify its customers base and channels of distribution within the U.S. retail market."
Gold Toe's revenue hit more than $280 million in 2010.--Written by Jeanine Poggi in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Jeanine Poggi. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/jpoggi. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV