- Three extra years of extended support for SUSE Linux Enterprise Server. With the expansion of the LTSS program, Novell is now offering three years of extended support, in addition to the seven years of general support, for each major version of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server. This enables a ten year support lifecycle for each platform generation of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, thus providing a UNIX-like lifecycle at a much lower total cost of ownership. During extended support, customers continue to receive essential security updates and critical bug fixes.
- Five years of support for SUSE Linux Enterprise Server service packs. Novell is also lengthening the period of time during which LTSS will provide support for individual service packs. Customers can now obtain support for each covered service pack for up to three years past the end of a service pack's general support phase, which typically lasts two years. As a result, customers can either upgrade to the next service pack at a slower pace or skip a service pack altogether and ultimately move to a later release.
- Worldwide support for SUSE Linux Enterprise Server on IBM System z. As the market leader for Linux on the mainframe, Novell is making further investments in this market to help customers obtain more value from their mainframe deployments. LTSS for SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for System z reduces risk by ensuring that the configurations for mission-critical workloads running on the mainframe can be maintained over an extended period of time without change.
Novell Offers Industry's Longest Enterprise Linux Support Program
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.