Novell Offers Industry's Longest Enterprise Linux Support Program
WALTHAM, Mass., April 12, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Novell today announced the expansion of its Long Term Service Pack Support (LTSS) program for SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server, lengthening customers' access to the company's industry-leading Linux* support for each service pack release. For the first time, long term support is also provided globally for SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for System z*. Novell further announced the immediate availability of SUSE Linux Enterprise 10 Service Pack 4 (SP4), bundling all previously released patches, fixes and updates for SUSE Linux Enterprise 10, while supporting the newest hardware, storage systems and networking devices, including Intel's latest Xeon* E7 processor family and AMD's latest Opteron* processors.
Long Term Service Pack Support (LTSS) for SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
Novell's updated LTSS offering enables data center customers to stay on covered releases longer than other Linux distributions. The ability to run workloads for an extended time on one service pack helps enterprises mitigate risk by minimizing changes to mission-critical workloads, allows more time to migrate to a future release of SUSE Linux Enterprise, and defers the costs associated with updating and testing.
The updated LTSS program includes the following features:
- Three extra years of extended support for SUSE Linux Enterprise Server. With the expansion of the LTSS program, Novell is now offering three years of extended support, in addition to the seven years of general support, for each major version of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server. This enables a ten year support lifecycle for each platform generation of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, thus providing a UNIX-like lifecycle at a much lower total cost of ownership. During extended support, customers continue to receive essential security updates and critical bug fixes.
- Five years of support for SUSE Linux Enterprise Server service packs. Novell is also lengthening the period of time during which LTSS will provide support for individual service packs. Customers can now obtain support for each covered service pack for up to three years past the end of a service pack's general support phase, which typically lasts two years. As a result, customers can either upgrade to the next service pack at a slower pace or skip a service pack altogether and ultimately move to a later release.
- Worldwide support for SUSE Linux Enterprise Server on IBM System z. As the market leader for Linux on the mainframe, Novell is making further investments in this market to help customers obtain more value from their mainframe deployments. LTSS for SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for System z reduces risk by ensuring that the configurations for mission-critical workloads running on the mainframe can be maintained over an extended period of time without change.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV