PLANO, Texas, April 11, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- ViewPoint Bank employees are once again teaching classes in financial literacy to area middle and high school students. The employees' volunteer efforts are part of "Teach Children to Save," a national campaign of volunteer bankers who help young people develop lifelong savings habits.
"As a community bank, it's critical that we provide the children in our school districts with the life skills needed to make smart financial decisions as adults," said Gary Base, President and CEO of ViewPoint Bank. "This isn't a one-time effort that we make. We have an ongoing commitment to teaching financial skills to the kids who will be the consumers, business owners and budget planners of the future."
The bank got a jumpstart on Teach Children to Save Day, which is April 12, by teaching classes in financial literacy earlier this month in Plano at Bowman Middle School and Plano East Senior High and in Grand Prairie at Fannin Middle School. Employees will be holding classes at Williams, Vines and Clark High Schools in Plano this week and at KIPP Truth Academy in Dallas in May.
Teach Children to Save is a national campaign that raises awareness about the important role that banks and bankers play in helping young people develop lifelong savings habits. The program has reached 4 million young people with the help of some 97,000 banker volunteers through its annual awareness day and the Teach Children to Save Web site: www.teachchildrentosave.com.ViewPoint Bank is the wholly owned subsidiary of ViewPoint Financial Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: VPFG). Headquartered in Plano, Texas, ViewPoint operates 23 community bank offices in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. For more information, please visit www.viewpointbank.com. SOURCE ViewPoint Bank
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV