10 Celebrity 'Fake-Out' Retirements
Earlier this year, Lance Armstrong, winner of seven straight Tour de France titles, announced what he called "Retirement 2.0."
Armstrong has long been an acclaimed but controversial athlete. He achieved his greatest success after surviving testicular cancer, but has continually been dogged by rumors and outright accusations of performance-enhancing drugs and "blood doping."
In 2005, after his seventh Tour de France victory, Armstrong announced he would retire, going out at the top.In 2008, he pedaled back into the spotlight, saying he would compete in the 2009 Tour de France. As announced on his website, the return to competitive cycling was intended to raise further awareness of "the global cancer burden" and financially bolster the Lance Armstrong Foundation, known more commonly as Livestrong . As for his most recent retirement, during a conference call with reporters, Armstrong fueled rumors that a Retirement 3.0 might be in the offing some day, quipping "never say never" but quickly adding, "just kidding."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV