10 Celebrity 'Fake-Out' Retirements
By Raymond, we don't mean the sitcom star "everybody loves."
No, this is the whatever-the-heck-that-is mascot of baseball's Tampa Bay Rays. Earlier this month, the team announced that the goofy cheerleader would be retired and replaced by something named "Sunny."
It was a shock, we assume, to fans who heard that announcement during the season opener against the Baltimore Orioles. After all, the mascot had appeared at more than 1,000 games since he debuted in 1998. Put in perspective, that's more appearances than the average nightly attendance at a Rays game (we kid, we kid).A "Save Raymond" campaign proved unnecessary. The announcement, made on April 1, was, of course, an April Fools' Day prank. -- Written by Joe Mont in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joe Mont. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/josephmont. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV