While some of these seven stocks have upside potential of up to 23%, a few have already clocked exponential gains during the past one year. Moreover, some of these stocks are also trading at attractive valuations. A common characteristic for all these stocks is the expectation of strong quarterly results, implying strong potential upside.
7. Ladish (LDSH) engineers, produces and markets high-strength, high-technology forged and cast metal components for a variety of load-bearing and fatigue-resisting applications in the jet engine, aerospace, and industrial markets. The company will announce its first quarter results on Apr. 11
Net income for the first quarter of 2011 is forecast at $7.6 million on sales of $109 million, compared to net income of $5.35 million on $98.9 million sales recorded during 2010 first quarter, according to analysts polled by Bloomberg. Earnings per share are pegged at 41 cents, up from 34 cents per share reported during the comparable quarter last year.
Of the six analysts covering the stock, 17% recommend a buy, while 67% rate a hold. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain an average 2.3% to $54 in value from current levels. The stock has already gained 143% during the past one year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV