Apple (AAPL) has been stuck in a rut for the majority of 2011. Shares have traded in a tight range of $320 to $360 per share so far this year. The nonbelievers are making a strong case that Apple's run is done. Going forward, Apple has gotten too big to continue to grow at such a fast pace.
That may or may not be the case, but I would not bet against this company. Considering its performance over the last several years, there are few companies more capable of delivering consistent growth than Apple. Frankly, this stock deserves a huge premium, which seems to be nonexistent today.While it is a legitimate concern to be worried about future growth, there is nothing to suggest that this company will fail to deliver the goods any time soon. For the current quarter, analysts expect Apple to post a profit of $5.33 per share. Over the last four quarters, Apple has beaten estimates by a wide margin, including a beat of $1.03 per share Whether it's able to do the same in the current quarter will tell much about the state of the market. Apple, one of TheStreet Ratings' top-rated computer hardware stocks, shows up on recent lists of 36 Momentum Stocks to Consider and 40 Stocks Analysts Are Insanely Bullish About.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV