Similarly, other companies like James River Coal and Alpha Natural Resources shed 5.4% and 5.2% at close last week.
Global steel producers are under pressure as the steel industry is likely to grow at 5% or less annually, over the next five years. As inputs and commodities prices increase, most of the companies are forced to raise their products prices to protect margins and earnings. Although demand is seen soaring, the industry would struggle in light of balancing between steel demand, rising inputs, and ability for companies and countries to afford price increases from producers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV