According to a Securities and Exchange Commission filing on Monday, the ex-wife of NYSE COO Operating Officer Larry Leibowitz received thousands of shares of the exchange as part of a divorce settlement.
"The reporting person transferred 10,213 shares of common stock to the reporting person's former spouse pursuant to property settlement in a divorce proceeding. The reporting person disclaims beneficial ownership of the securities owned by the former spouse," a footnote to the filing said.
The transaction took place on April 8, and Leibowitz retains 36,659 shares of the NYSE following the transaction.Leibowitz joined the NYSE in 2007 from UBS (UBS) and become COO in 2010, according to the NYSE Web site. He is also the older brother of Daily Show anchor Jon Stewart. A spokesperson for the NYSE confirmed the filing but offered no further comment. On Sunday, NYSE Euronext rejected the $11.3 billion hostile takeover bid from Nasdaq OMX (NDAQ) and IntercontinentalExchange (ICE). the exchange reaffirmed its previously announced merger agreement with Germany's Deutsche Boerse AG. Shares of NYSE Euronext were down 2.2%, to $37.83, in morning trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV