Grand Canyon Education (LOPE)
Company Profile: Grand Canyon Education is a regionally accredited provider of online post-secondary education services focused on offering graduate and undergraduate degree programs in its core disciplines of education, business and health care.Current Share Price: $14.40 (April 11) Potential Upside from March 31: 44.8% based on a price target of $21 Barrington's Take: Grand Canyon was one of the worst-performing stocks on Barrington's Best Ideas List, dropping more than 25% in the first quarter. Still, analysts are "impressed by its differentiated model (which is perceived favorably by the public), attractive long-term prospects, higher (than average) earnings growth and lower regulatory risk."
Sirius XM Radio (SIRI) Company Profile: Sirius XM provides music and talk radio entertainment through satellite transmissions. Current Share Price: $1.77 (April 11) Potential Upside from March 31: 46% based on a price target of $2.40 Barrington's Take: The best-performing stock for Barrington carries over into 2011, with the firm noting fundamental improvements for Sirius XM, including trends in auto volumes. "Fundamental improvements that are underway, including improved, if choppy, trends in auto volumes, provide added opportunities for upside in the stock," Barrington analysts wrote. "One of the most impressive feats in this makeover process has been an ability to move from a 15% borrowing rate to rate levels in the 7-8% area over about a year and a half time span."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV