NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The first authorized biography of Apple (AAPL) CEO Steve Jobs is scheduled to be published in 2012. Called iSteve: The Book of Jobs, the bio is being written by former Time Magazine managing editor Walter Isaacson.
Shares of Apple fell 0.1% in pre-market trading Monday to $334.72.
Mobile phone manufacturer Sony Ericsson said Friday it is delaying the launch of its Xperia Neo phone until early third quarter of 2011 because of supply chain disruptions stemming from the Japan earthquake. The phone was initially slated to be released for the late first quarter or early second quarter.
Kno, an educational tablet maker, has received $30 million in funding from Intel (INTC) Capital and other investors, the company said Friday. Kno also announced that is has abandoned its plans to build device hardware, and is shifting its focus to software.Shares of Intel rose 0.4% in pre-market trading Monday to $20.10. Facebook has struck a deal with Chinese search giant Baidu to set up a social networking site in China, according to Sohu.com. The Chinese site won't be integrated with the rest of Facebook's international service, the report said. U.S. venture funds raised $7.7 billion in the first quarter of 2011, almost double the amount raised during the same quarter last year, according to Dow Jones LP Source. A small number of large funds, like Sequoia Capital and Bessemer Venture Partners, helped lift the amount of capital raised. --Written by Olivia Oran in New York.
>To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/Ozoran. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV