VANCOUVER, April 11 /PRNewswire/ - John Barry, President and CEO of Rathdowney Resources Ltd. (TSX-V: RTH) (the "Company" or "Rathdowney") is pleased to announce that diamond drilling has commenced on the first of forty-five drill-ready zinc-lead targets located in the Irish Midlands Ore Field, an area of world class zinc-lead deposits.
Drilling started with one rig operating on April 8, 2011 at the Company's Mallow property in southern Ireland. The 337-square kilometer Mallow project area is south of the Pallas Green district where major new zinc-lead discoveries have been made by Teck and Xstrata (inferred resources of 25.9 million tonnes grading 7.51% Zn and 1.38% lead at 4% zinc eq cut-off, Minco plc website). Two additional rigs will be added to test other priority targets within the Mallow project-area and at the Westmeath South property.
Mallow and Westmeath South are two of eight project-areas held by Rathdowney in the Irish Midlands. Over the past two years, Rathdowney has undertaken extensive soil geochemical sampling and airborne geophysical surveys over its ground and established compelling zinc-lead drill-targets on six of the project-areas. An initial 15,000 metres of exploration drilling is planned to test 45 priority targets.
Rathdowney is a mineral exploration and development company associated with Hunter Dickinson Inc. (HDI). The Company is focused on finding and developing the next generation of base metal deposits in the ore fields of Poland and Ireland.
HDI is a diversified, global mine development company with a 25-year history of mineral development success. From its head office in Vancouver, Canada, HDI applies its unique strengths and capabilities to acquire, develop, operate and monetize mineral properties that provide consistently superior returns to shareholders.
On behalf of the Board of Directors John Barry President & CEO
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV