Capital Senior Living Corporation (the “Company”) (NYSE:CSU), one of the country’s largest operators of senior living communities, announced today that joint ventures in which it held a five percent partnership interest, have sold four senior living communities (the “Spring Meadows Communities”) to Health Care REIT, Inc. (NYSE:HCN). Upon closing the sale, the Company leased the communities from HCN. The Company previously managed the Spring Meadows Communities under long-term management agreements.
Highlights of this transaction include:
- Sales proceeds, including incentive distributions, total approximately $17.0 million, compared to the original investment of $1.3 million.
- Increases annual revenue by $26.0 million.
- Adds $12.2 million of EBITDAR.
- Additional CFFO of $0.7 million, or $0.03 per share.
- Incremental earnings of $1.9 million, or $0.07 per share.
“We are extremely pleased with the returns the Company and its joint venture partner received in this transaction,” commented Lawrence A. Cohen, Chief Executive Officer of the Company. “Proceeds from this transaction and our available cash will provide equity for direct acquisitions of senior living communities to strategically enhance the geographic concentration of our existing operating platform. We are actively pursuing a number of opportunities and are conducting due diligence on a few of the most attractive transactions. Furthermore, the addition of the Spring Meadows communities to our consolidated operations will provide immediate benefits to our shareholders. Along with a significant increase in our revenues, the lease will be accretive to cash flow and earnings. While we have been earning management fees on these communities, we will now be able to consolidate the results of operations and benefit fully from further improvement in occupancies, margins and cash flow. We are pleased to add the Spring Meadows communities to our strong and growing relationship with HCN.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV