2. AT&T (T) is an integrated telecommunications company, with wired and wireless assets.
AT&T's revenue has inched up 1% in the past 12 months as net income grew 64% and earnings per share climbed 57%. Its fourth-quarter net margin contracted from 8.9% to 3.5%. AT&T's trailing 12-month pre-tax margin, at 15%, ranks in the 81st percentile for the telecom sector. AT&T achieved $125 billion of sales during fiscal 2010 and more than $18 billion of pre-tax income. It paid $307 million in current taxes to Uncle Sam, down from $1.2 billion in 2009. It enjoyed a deferred tax benefit of $2.1 billion. AT&T was taxed at a 2010 rate of negative 6.4%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV